Enhanced Income-Qualified Weatherization Rebate

VGS customers who have a qualifying comprehensive weatherization project completed by a BPI contractor (Building Performance Institute) may be eligible for our incentives. Single-family homeowners with a household income less than 120 percent of Vermont’s area median income (AMI), are eligible for a rebate of 75 percent of the project cost up to $5,000. Households with less than 80 percent of area median income are eligible to receive 75 percent of the project cost up to $9,500. Click to learn more about these newly expanded weatherization rebates.

Low Income Weatherization Assistance

We work with Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO) to provide assistance with energy-efficiency improvements for qualifying low income VGS customers. These services are available at no cost to qualifying households. We will schedule an energy audit of your home and take steps to make your home more comfortable and less expensive to heat.

For more information and to find out if you qualify, please call CVOEO Weatherization at 1-800-545-1084 or visit the website.

VGS Low Income Discount

The Low Income Assistance Program provides a 20 percent discount on natural gas bills for qualified residential customers. Qualifying income must be less than 185 percent of the Federal poverty level. Eligibility is determined by the Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF).

For an application or additional information about eligibility, call the DCF Energy Assistance Office at 1-800-775-0516 or visit their website.

WARMTH Program

Since 1986, Vermonters have been helping other Vermonters get through heating crises in emergency situations with the WARMTH Support Program. Your donations are distributed to participating Community Action Agencies, which provide counseling and referral services and administer WARMTH funds, making sure that every dollar you contribute goes directly to a Vermonter in need. You can help by making a tax-deductible donation of any amount through CVOEO or you can set up a recurring donation on your VGS bill.

Call us at 802-863-4511, ext. 250 or mail the WARMTH form with your donation to: WARMTH, CVOEO, P.O. Box 1603, Burlington, VT 05402.

Crisis Fuel Assistance

Vermonters who experience a financial crisis during the winter months may get help paying their utility bills. Call Community Action at 802-863-6248 in Burlington or 802-527-7392 in St. Albans.