We are northwest Vermont’s integrated energy services company. We offer customers safe, affordable, and reliable thermal energy service, award-winning energy efficiency programs, equipment service and maintenance, and a growing portfolio of decarbonized heating and cooling options for Vermonters.
We serve more than 55,000 families and businesses in Franklin, Chittenden, and Addison Counties and are a strong partner in Vermont’s clean energy future. Our dedicated team of 135+ Vermonters is committed to our customers, our communities, our culture, and our climate.
Cleaner choices today for a brighter future tomorrow.
- We deliver safe, reliable and affordable energy.
- We support our community and provide the very best customer service.
- We make it easy for customers—we listen and respond to customers’ needs.
- We work with great partners to create inspiring opportunities.
- We are laser-focused on safety.
- We work as a team—with integrity, respect and trust.
- We promote a positive work environment that values individual and team growth.
- We are modern and nimble, encouraging creative thinking and new ideas.
- We are committed to Vermont’s clean energy future.
- We are passionate about embracing innovation to reduce emissions.
- We are proud to deliver award-winning energy efficiency services.
Code of Ethics
VGS’s Code of Ethics and Conduct is about doing the right thing—acting with integrity, treating each other with respect, and following the law. Together, we share a commitment to high standards of integrity which help us provide outstanding services to customers, hire great people and conduct business with the knowledge that it matters to those we impact. In living up to this commitment, we expect each and every one of our employees, directors, and officers to conduct themselves with the highest degree of performance, professionalism, and ethical conduct when performing their duties and responsibilities with VGS.
Safety Management System
VGS’ primary focus is safety for our customers, our employees and the general public. We are always monitoring our pipeline system to provide our customers with safe and reliable service.
As part of our continued focus on safety, VGS has implemented a safety management system (SMS) that provides a comprehensive framework for managing safety and risk reduction. An SMS integrates discrete safety and integrity management programs under a single umbrella with the goal of continuous improvement and risk reduction. Read more about VGS’s pipeline SMS here.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
VGS is on a cultural journey. We are a vibrant community of people that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds while fostering an environment that is inclusive
Embracing diversity strengthens our ability to navigate a dynamic business landscape, enriching our perspectives and capabilities. Our dedication to inclusivity is not just a reflection of our values but a key driver for sustained success, reflecting our belief that a diverse and equitable workplace is fundamental to achieving excellence and maintaining a leadership position within our community and industry.
VGS is dedicated to an ongoing DEI internal work plan which consists of the following areas of focus:
- Solidifying executive commitment
- Continuously learning
- Defining our philosophy and redefining our policies
- Expanding upon our internal talent pipeline
- Focusing on pay equity and transparency
- Evolving our recruitment strategies
- Defining the role of VGS’s employee DEI committee
VGS is committed to continuous learning, improvement, and development over time. As such, you can expect our diversity and inclusion statement, and associated policies, to evolve over time.